This spring, StoryCorps is celebrating booksellers across the country. If you’re passionate about books and readers, if you’re committed to literacy in your community, if you felt called to become a bookseller, we want to hear from you!
Here are some questions to get you started:
- –What are your earliest memories of reading?
- –Tell me how you became a bookseller.
- –Tell me about your bookstore. What makes it special?
- –Do you have any favorite stories from your work?
- –What’s the best part of running a bookstore? What’s the most challenging?
- –Why do you do this work?
- –What lessons have you learned as a bookseller?
If you’re recording on the app, be sure to tag your interview with the keyword “MyBookCalling.” StoryCorps founder Dave Isay will be playing some of these recordings during his national book tour for the newest StoryCorps book Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work, on sale April 19.
Listen to Rebecca Fitting and Jessica Stockton Bagnulo, owners of Greenlight Bookstore in Brooklyn, talk to Dave about their work here.
Dave Isay talks to Rebecca Fitting and Jessica Stockton Bagnulo, owners of Greenlight Bookstore. Credit: Amanda Meltzer
For app support, please consult the Tools & Resources and FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org.